There are dozens of places that a small business can spend money on advertising. It has been demonstrated by the SBA (Small Business Administration) that on-premise outdoor advertising is the least expensive, most effective method to generate more walk-in customers.
Is your business signage doing the job? Ask yourself the following questions to check your advertising IQ:
- Some business people spend more money on a cash register to keep their money in than a good sign to pull people in to fill it! Doesn’t make sense, does it?
- You don’t buy a ¼ inch drill bit because you want a drill bit, you want a ¼ inch hole! You don’t buy a sign because you want a sign, you want more customers, right?
- Do you think this sign could hurt your business? Well then, what’s the only other thing it could do? Help your business, right?
- The world of packaging is a multimillion dollar business. Most of the products you sell are packaged to sell, right? The most important package for your entire business is the front of your store! It’s the first thing your customers see and it must convince them to stop in and buy! A new sign makes the best package you could have!
- Most investors feel that getting their money back in 7 years is a good investment. Most businesses that purchase a new outdoor sign get their money back in a few weeks! That’s smart investing isn’t it?
- It would be great if you could go out in the middle of the street and personally invite people into your business, wouldn’t it? First of all, you don’t have time and secondly, you might get run over! The next best thing is to invite them in with a sign. Is your signage communicating with your customer visually!
- Can you imagine going to a major league baseball game, getting out on the pitcher’s mound during the 7th inning stretch and telling 50,000 fans about your business? Would that improve your business? Well right now, you have over 50,000 people every few days passing less than 50 feet from your front door! They are all potential customers of yours! But first, you have to tell ’em what you have before you can sell ’em!
- If your landlord came in today and made you this offer…”I need some cash right away…If you pay me $5,000 now, I’ll allow you to stay here RENT FREE for the next 10 years!”… Would you do it? That’s exactly what a good outdoor sign will do for you! Make sense?
- Let’s say that I want to go to work for you…before you say yes or no, let me tell you my qualifications. I’ll work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for the next 10 years. You don’t have to pay unemployment taxes or any fringe benefits. I’llbe the hardest working employee you’ve got! Would you pay me $300 a month for the next 36 months? That’s what the correct outdoor electric sign will do for you!
- Where is the nearest McDonald’s from here? How about Holiday Inn? Where is Betty’s Ceramics? You see, you know where McDonald’s and Holiday Inn are, but not Betty’s Ceramics and they are on the same street! The only difference is their signs! That’s why successful franchises spend up to $50,000 for their signs, and 80% of a franchises customers are impulse do to the sign. The average McDonald’s locations get over 1800 customers per day. The sign pays for itself in 7 days! What would happen to your business if you had a larger sign out front?
- People judge the inside of your business by how you look on the outside! If you could turn your business inside out and show people what you have in here, they would flock in… but you can’t. The next best thing is to get something out front that will show people what you do have on the inside! Does that make sense?
- Some business people spend more money in monthly payments on a credit card terminal than a good sign to pull in those customers with the credit cards…doesn’t make sense, does it?
- If you want people to come to your party, you have to send them an invitation right? The more invitations you send, the more people that show up! The same is true with your business, the more customers you invite in, the more sales you make! So, if you want their business, you have to ask for it! You have to make it easy for them to find you…without a good business sign. Is your sign the nicest invitation in town?
- People like to go where the action is. Nobody likes to go to a slow business! Have you ever gone into a restaurant at lunch time and you were the only person there? Makes you wonder why, right? The right business sign will create customer traffic…it will create lots of activity and excitement! That’s what you want, isn’t it?
- If you came to work one morning and saw two guys out in front of your business building a large brick wall that would hide your business from the people passing by…what would you do? Probably send them away and tear down the brick wall, right? You don’t want anything hiding your business! Unfortunately, you have that situation right now. There is a brick wall is the front of your business, your storefront. All your products and services are hidden behind the front wall. You need to do something to get those products on the other side of the wall where you customers can see them. Does your outdoor advertising have a large logo or graphic that instantly describes your products?
- A business without a sign is a sign of no business!
- The more you tell, the more you sell!
- Some small business spend more money on signs advertising “going out of business” than they spend on signs while in business…and wonder what happened?
- Your business is located on the banks of a money stream! You have thousands of dollars flowing past your front door! All you have to do is bait your hook and keep it in the middle of the money stream! A highly visible outdoor business sign will catch more customers than any other bait on the market!
- A good outdoor image can increase the value of your location without increasing your rent one thin dime!
- Your business will never stay the same. It will either go up… or out. No business remains static. If you think a sign will help your business…EVEN A LITTLE BIT…then by all means, buy one!
When is the Best Time to Consolidate Student Loans?
Business Opportunity Loan Strategies for Buying a Business
How to Apply for a Small Business Loan: Tips to Help You Increase Your Chances of Getting Approved